Call 310.598.1719


FAQ Premises Liability Law

Q. What is a slip and fall accident?

A. This is an accident that usually happens when a person is hurt while on somebody else’s property. Poorly kept grounds are usually major contributors of these accidents.


Q. Is there a figure of people who are hurt every year in accidents?

A. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) puts the figure of people hurt in fall and slips accidents, at over 1 million people. Out of this figure, 17,000 falls are usually fatal.


Q. Is there a common place where fall accidents occur?

A. There is no common area where fall and slip accidents occur, they can occur in any place where building codes are not up to standard, and where basic safety standards are neglected. Therefore, fall accidents can occur in malls, theatres, restaurants, retail stores, hospitals, apartment complexes, schools, government buildings and so on.


Q. If I get hurt on another person’s property, is there anyone responsible for the slip and fall accident?

A. In case you get hurt while on somebody else’s property and you were not responsible for the accident, it is possible for you to file a lawsuit against the manager, or property owner. In the lawsuit, you can attempt to get compensation from the negligent management of the property. But it is important that someone realizes that simply, because they slipped and fell, then the owner of the property is liable. If a person acted irresponsibly then slipped and fell, then one will not be eligible for compensation.


Q. If I fell at work can I file a suit against my employer?

A. Injuries gotten while one is at work are normally covered under the workers’ compensation; this usually means that workers can get benefits for lost wages as well as medical expenses. So, by receiving the worker’s compensation benefit, the injured person cannot be able to name the employer in any lawsuit. But in case the accident was caused by third party negligence, then the party responsible can be sued.


Q. What damages am I entitled to get?

A. Compensation for personal injury claims can be entitled to compensation for medical devices, surgeries, doctor’s visits, medicine, lost wages, rehabilitation, loss of quality of life, hospital stays and suffering and pain.


Q. What are the costs associated with hiring a Los Angeles slip and fall lawyer?

A. Lawyers from Harrison Barnes, A Professional Law Corporation in the LA area work on a contingency basis. This means that when you enter into this sort of agreement, you will not pay the lawyer until you win the case. We do not have hidden fees, and free consultations are usually offered by our lawyers.


Q. I slipped and fell recently. How soon do I need to get in touch with a lawyer?

A. You need to get in touch with a lawyer immediately. It is important the even before you speak to your insurance firm, you need to first talk with a Harrison Barnes, A Professional Law Corporation slip and fall accident lawyer. One of our expert lawyers will listen to your case, then look at the merits and demerits of the case, and determine if a valid suit can be filed. If we are hired, we will also carry out an assessment of the site so that the liability claim can be proved. We serve clients all of Southern California including Pasadena, Century City, and all of Los Angeles. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident and need legal advice, call our office at (310) 598-1719 today.



contact us

Contact us now for a free consulation: